Thursday, November 1, 2018

2D Week 10 - Environmental Sacs and Level Layout

This week I worked on some more concepts for the hanging sacs that will decorate the environment. I wanted to get a mix of charnel and extraterrestrial concepts. I think 1 and 2 are my favorites, and I am wondering if there is a good way to combine the two. 



Most of my time this week, however, was spent setting up the greybox for the level. I based the design on St. Peter's Basilica to get the gothic church aesthetic just right. In the final build, we are envisioning that the pillars will be holding the parasite worms or be ribbed like bone, and that the negative space between the ribbed vaults will be filled with a hex-patterned glass to allow the player to see out into the gaping maw of infinity outside of the ship.


The view from the throne looking towards Van Helsing:


From the exterior:


No comments:

Post a Comment